Deepa R. Pakianathan, Ph.D.
Deepa joined Delphi Ventures in 2001 and leads the firm's biotechnology investment activities.
Deepa served on the boards of Salmedix (a.b. Cephalon in 2005), Ilypsa (a.b. Amgen in 2007), Proteolix (a.b. ONXX in 2009) and PTC Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: PTCT) and led Delphi's investment in Seattle Genetics (Nasdaq: SGEN).
Prior to joining Delphi, Deepa was a Vice President in the healthcare group at JP Morgan where she was involved in healthcare M&A transactions worth in excess of $6 billion and public offerings for biotechnology companies that raised more than $9 billion in capital.
From 1997 to 1998, Deepa was a biotechnology research analyst at Genesis Merchant Group. She worked as a postdoctoral scientist in the Immunology Department at Genentech Corporation from 1993 to 1997, where she evaluated chemokines and chemokine receptors as targets for therapeutic intervention.
She serves on the Board of Trustees of the San Francisco Conservatory of Music.
- PhD Wake Forest University
- MS Wake Forest University
- MSc The Cancer Research Institute, University of Bombay, India
- BSc University of Bombay, India
REPRESENTATIVE INVESTMENTS AND BOARD INVOLVEMENT
- Alder BioPharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Alexza Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ALXA)
- Calithera, Inc.
- Cardeas Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- ForSight VISION5, Inc.
- Karyopharm Therapeutics, Inc.
- NeurAxon, Inc.
- OncoMed Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (OMED)
- PTC Therapeutics, Inc. (PTCT)
- Relypsa, Inc.